Saturday, December 04, 2010

What if Robert Towne had written "The Empire Strikes Back?"


Skywalker crawls away from Vader who follows, looming over his prone form. "Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father."

"He told me enough!" Luke yelled. "He told me you killed him!"

"No. I am your father."

Skywalker without thinking about it whips his lightsabre handle across Vader's mask. CLANG!

In a shaky voice: "I am your brother."

CLANG!  

"Your father."

CLANG!

"Your brother."

CLANG!

"Your father, your brother..."

CLANG!

"Your father and your brother!"

Luke's arm freezes. Vader with faceplate dented looks at him, trembling. "Your sister Leia and I...understand? Or is it too tough for you?" 


With apologies to Mr. Towne.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

That is completely gratuitous, and the funniest thing I have read today.
On an completely unrelated note, I saw Manila in the Claws of Neon about a month ago and still haven't got over the shock, so since I'm posting I thought I'd use the occasion to say that you should get a fair bit of the credit for making me want to see it. So thanks.

Noel Vera said...

Glad I did at least that...